Casco Bay Acupuncture & Massage is a unique clinic in Portland, Maine in that you have continuity of care from the same practitioner providing multiple healing modalities depending on your specific needs, preferences and health care goals.
What is Acupuncture?
The acupuncture practiced at Casco Bay Acupuncture & Massage in Portland, Maine stems from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that originated in ancient China over 3000 years ago. It has and is still being used extensively as a form of primary care for both the prevention and treatment of disease both in China and the West.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) your body has 14 major energy channels called meridians. These meridians are the main thoroughfare for energy movements in your body. The energy that circulates in and around the meridians is referred to as “Chi” in TCM or “Vital Force” in English. Chi needs to flow smoothly in the body to have good health. However, it can become blocked, too much can accumulate in some areas while there may not be enough in other areas. Any disruption in the smooth flow of Chi may result in pain, dysfunction or ill health.
Acupuncture treatments use very fine needles inserted into specific points on the meridians to stimulate and restore the smooth flow of Chi. When the smooth flow of Chi has been restored, symptoms resolve and bodily systems can once again work together in a healthy state.
For more information please visit the links below:
– Why Get Acupuncture?
– What Are The Main Objectives Of Acupuncture?
– What Are Some Common Conditions Treated With Acupuncture?
– What Are Acupuncture Treatments Like? Are They Painful?
– How Long Does A Treatment Take?
– Why Does An Acupuncturist Look At My Tongue And Feel My Pulse?
– How Many Treatments Will I Need And How Often?
– Are Acupuncture Needles Sterile And Safe?
– Alphabetical List Of Common Conditions Acupuncturists Can Treat