Please read Carefully
Thank you for your interest in scheduling an appointment. In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, Casco Bay Acupuncture & Massage has been redesigned as a mobile clinic dedicated to bringing therapeutic services to you in the comfort and safety of your home or office. Every aspect of your appointment will be conducted with the utmost attention to consistent cleanliness and disinfection procedures set forth by the state of Maine guidelines, the CDC and my professional organizations for both acupuncture (NCCAOM, CCAOM) and massage (NCBTMB, FSMTB and ABMP) for your protection and for myself as the practitioner.
Appointments are available to established clients, direct referrals from established clients and new female clients. Please call Tennyson Towl L. Ac., LMT at (207) 321-9070 to schedule your self care appointment.
Please note: I make every effort to start and end all appointments on time in order to ensure that I am on time to the next appointment (which may be yours!) I allow a few minutes for set up and break down with a full 60/90 minutes for check in and relaxed table time depending on the time allotted for your appointment.
Once you have chosen your service from the menu below please continue reading the brief summary of what to expect in your house or office visit as well as read the section below on Your Checklist for Your Self Care Appointment.
- One Hour Therapeutic Massage $85 + $20 house/office call fee
This massage is tailored to your needs and preferences.
- 90 Minute Therapeutic Massage $125 + $20 house/office call fee
The massage is tailored to your needs and preferences. The extra time allows a more in-depth focus on troubled areas.
- 90 Minute Thai Yoga Massage $125 + $20 house/office call fee *Not currently available during COVID-19
Thai Yoga Massage is therapeutic and diagnostic performed on a comfortable mat on the floor with you wearing comfortable clothes. It involves stretching, range of motion, and compression massage.
- Acupuncture Evaluation and First Treatment $125 + $20 house/office call fee
This first appointment includes going over your health history in detail, chief concerns, Chinese medicine diagnosis, initial treatment and follow up a treatment plan. (90-minute session)
- Acupuncture- Follow Up Treatment $85 + $20 house/office call fee
Follow up treatment to reinforce previous treatment.(1 hour)
- Mindfulness Meditation Instruction $85 + $20 house/office call fee
This one-hour session introduces you to the basic concept of mindfulness in real-life form and teaches you the core skills to begin practicing right away. (1 hour)
- Food As Medicine Session $85 + $20 house/office call fee
This one-hour session typically comes after you have been established as an acupuncture patient. We use the Chinese medicine diagnosis of your constitution and current issues to help you learn how to use food as medicine to resolve certain issues.(1 hour)
- 90 Minute Food As Medicine Intensive Focus $125 + $20 house/office call fee
We go over your health history and chief concerns to evaluate your constitution as it relates to food. Different foods can work for or against your constitution and symptoms. In this session, you can learn how to shift eating habits to resolve symptoms and maximize your health. (90-minute session)
Your House or Office Call Appointment
I have designed a protocol to ensure an easy, gratifying experience of being treated within the comfort and safety of your own familiar environment. Upon arrival for your appointment I will ask you the standard COVID-19 pre-screening questions and take your temperature with a contactless thermometer. Provided you are clear to receive a treatment you can show me where you would like me to set up, which only takes a few minutes. We will do a general check in about what you would like to focus on as well as get the context for how you have been doing overall with respect to your constitution and health history. I will then leave you to make yourself comfortable on the treatment table or mat. Treatments last 60-90 minutes depending on what you have scheduled. After the treatment, I will sanitize and pack up my equipment and tools. Proper sanitization regarding COVID-19 takes a few minutes of dwell time. During this time, we can do payment and schedule your next visit. Please read the “Your Checklist for Your Self Care Appointment” (below) prior to my arrival.
Your Checklist for Your Self Care Appointment
I will be adhering to the Maine state and federal CDC guidelines as well as those of my professional organizations of acupuncture (NCCAOM, CCAOM) and massage therapy (NCBTMB, FSMTB and ABMP) for conducting appointments during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure your safety.
NOTE: I make every effort to start and end all appointments on time in order to ensure that I am on time to the next appointment (which may be yours!) I allow a few minutes for set up and break down with a full 60/90 minutes for check in and relaxed table time depending on the time allotted for your appointment. Please follow these guidelines in preparation for your appointment.
- If you are a new client, please go to “office info”, to “forms”, to “acupuncture heatlh history” or “massage health history” depending on your appointment. Please print out and fill out only the health history form related to your appointment. I will collect it from you at your appointment.
- Please be prepared to answer the standard COVID-19 symptom questions, have your temperature taken and sign an “COVID-19 INFORMED CONSENT” form upon my arrival. Please wear a mask for the full duration of your appointment. I will be wearing a mask as well.
- If possible, please always shower and put on fresh clothes for your appointment.
- Please have the space where you would like to have your treatment ready by making sure the temperature is warm enough and free of interruptions. I recommend a having a space heater warming the room. If you have a pet, I recommend you make them comfortable in a different room if they are going to need attention so you can get the most out of your treatment.
- Please have a fresh, clean blanket available to use to keep you warm (throw blanket or twin size works best). I will be providing the rest of the linens.
- Please have a flat surface available for me to set up a clean field. It can be on a side table, seat of a chair, bureau, etc.
- I request access to a bathroom and will keep what I touch to an absolute minimum.
- I request access to an outlet to plug/charge my phone and portable speaker for music.
Thank you for your cooperation. I look forward to the opportunity to help you take care of yourself!
Tennyson Towl L.Ac., LMT
Please call Tennyson Towl L.Ac., LMT at (207) 321-9070 to schedule your self care appointment.